Monday, April 21, 2008

And We're Off-Day 1

Chest & Back:

I decided to complete Day 1 BEFORE work, beginning at 5:00 AM.  Good thing I am a morning person.  The warm up was pretty easy.  So far, so good.  Little light stretching, lot of Tony talking.  And now the pain begins.  We start w/standard push ups.  Not bad...I put a couch pillow on the floor beneath my chest to make sure I go low enough.  Not bad, I think I busted out 30.  On to wide grip pull ups.  I do one, then I need to use the cheater chair (one foot on the chair to "help" me complete the next 29).  We continue to alternate between push ups and pull ups (with a couple of dumbbell exercises thrown in there) for the next 10 sets.  Then, we do the same thing all over again.  I'm not gonna lie to ya, the push ups were killing me!  By the time we got to Dive Bombers, I could only do 5 w/good form.  After the initial pull up, I could complete NONE w/out the cheater chair.  I was oh-so happy every time a water break appeared on the screen!  Woo hoo-I never thought I'd be so excited for a beverage not containing hops!

Tony pretty much NEVER shuts up throughout the entire workout.  While it may bother me 87 days from now, it didn't bother me today.  I actually started the DVD w/the "music/cues" option and realized that "muted" Tony so I started over in the "normal" mode.  I liked hearing him chatter; it helped pass the time for me.

Fast forward 13 hours and I'm ALREADY sore!  And I'm usually a "2 day" sore (it takes me about 48 hours to experience my full sore)!  I already feel it in my bis, tris, lats, delts, and pecs.  I'm not looking forward to waking up tomorrow and trying the Plyometrics!  Off to complete the Ab Ripper to complete today's workout!  Oh yeah, my abs are already sore, too, from holding my core during the chest/back exercises!

No comments: