Monday, April 28, 2008

DAY 8: Here we go again

So today started the cycle again, with Chest & Back and the wonderful Ab Ripper.  As previously mentioned, due a post-Benedryl fog, I decided not to complete my work out in the AM and had to "look forward" to doing it after work.  The Man got off work early and was already finished w/both workouts when I got home.  He sucks (but he'd also already made the meatballs for tonight's dinner, so he doesn't suck that much :) ).

I'm not going to lie, Chest & Back kind of sucked today.  I'm not sure if it was because it was early evening or because I knew what was coming this time or if it was just my mindset, but it was tough today.  I think I did a good job on the push ups:
30/31 regular
20/21 military (hands in closer, fingertips pointing away from head, elbows stay close to sides)
20/25 wide fly (regular stance, just wider hand placement)
17/18 decline (feet up on the couch)
5/10 diamond (hand in diamond shape, legs wide...the second set was from my knees...I know, I'm a wuss!)
10, 8 dive bombers (hands and legs wide, take forehead to floor, followed by chest, followed by hips, then back up and repeat.  Yes, they are insanely hard...I was grunting and making all kinds of noises to get 8 my last set)

The pull ups were another story.  I just don't think I've got the hang of proper form using the cheater chair.  I'm going to do a little playing around to see if I can get it right.

The 3 dumbell back exercises (heavy pants...I love that name and I love when the guy in the background on the DVD says he wants to do skinny pants...lawn mowers, and back flies) were ok.  I need to up my weights next time, I do believe.  

It was kind of nice having The Man there while I was working out so he could check my for me (though I've pondered adding a wall of mirrors to our living room to check my form, I don't think it works aesthetically!).

I finally finished Chest & Back  and had to move right on to Ab Ripper.  I've done Ab Ripper 3 times and haven't had any trouble.  Until today.  It hurt!  The first 3 moves (including crunchy frogs which still make me giggle every time he says it!):  in & outs, bicycles and reverse bicycles, and crunch frogs all hurt my quads way more than my abs.  I didn't not finish all of the last exercise...I know, I'm a slacker.  

Then, The Man and I attempted to go for a run. I lasted about 3 minutes before I decided today wasn't the day to double up (he went for about 25 minutes).  I'm looking forward (for real, no sarcasm here) to Plyometrics tomorrow, though I did just take Benedryl again,  stupid itchy eyes, so I'm hoping I can still bang it out in the AM.  8 days down, 82 to go!

No comments: