Saturday, April 26, 2008

DAY 6: Kenpo

I wasn't sure what to expect today, having no idea what "Kenpo" was.  So, I googled "kenpo review" and read a few other blogs to get an idea of what was in store for me.  I didn't learn all that much, as the reviews varied from "too easy" to "omg was this tough".  So, it's Saturday, a lazy day, and we had lunch plans at 12:30.  I kept putting the workout off (at one point even starting the DVD, doing a few minutes of the warm up, then watching the rest as I read) and finally pushed play at the very last minute possible to complete it and still have time to get ready for lunch.

I was not a big fan of the warm up...mostly because it was kind of hard.  It was mostly a bunch of Yoga poses, ending with some static stretches.  The workout began with a series of punches.  I've done a lot of Tae Bo, so I liked this.  I wish Tony had a few more form cues, though.  I keep feeling as though there was a pre-workout tutorial I should have completed before these workouts.  Kicks followed punches and blocks (which was new to me) followed kicks.  

I don't really have much of an opinion about this one.  I forgot to wear my HR monitor, so I couldn't tell how long I was in my zone, but it didn't "feel" very much like cardio to me.  Maybe I'll have more of an opinion on this one next week.  I AM very much looking forward to my day off tomorrow, though I think I'll probably go for an easy run in the AM.  

On a side note, I FEEL as though changes are already happening to my body...yippee!

No comments: