Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jumping right in to DAY 9

DAY 9 = Plyometrics = ouch

I'm not sure what from exactly, but my quads feel like I'm trying to work out in shorts made of cement.  My legs feel so heavy; it's why I cut my run exceptionally short last night and it's why plyo was not so fun this morning.  I'm hoping that's a good sign and it means all is working according to Tony Horton's master plan.

I remembered to wear my heart rate monitor this time and I was in my zone during all of the plyo exercises and below on the breaks.  I had it on (I started it as I started the warm up) for 48:32 and I was in my zone for 31:33.  My max HR was 165 and average was 137 (this wasn't my best effort today; I expect better numbers next Tuesday).  I burned 307 calories (which means The Man will probably burn about 17,389 and drop 10 lbs during the workout).

I gotta be honest, I slacked a little on the last "hot feet" move; I hate calf burn!!  Just an ok performance today, I'm glad it's over, but I'm a little disappointed w/my effort.  I'm going to try something new and different for the rest of the week...I'm going to actually do the cool downs!  I've always been terrible at cool downs and I think my body's starting to feel it so I'm going to make an effort to complete the cool downs, especially the stretching, this week.  Starting tomorrow.  Or maybe the next day (just kidding).

No comments: