Thursday, April 24, 2008

DAY 4: Yooooooga

So, this is the first time I haven't done my P90X workout in the AM before work...I snoozed when the alarm went off and I didn't feel like having to rush since this work out is.....wait for it....over an hour and a half!!!  Of course, come 3:15 I was wishing I'd never heard of a snooze button!

About 30 minutes into this workout, I was sure this was going to be the first workout I did not like...it was slooooooooooow.  I was def sweating and feeling the burn, but it still didn't "feel" like I was working out.  Nor, did it feel the clock was moving.  Just at the point when I felt like saying forget this, it got better.  A little over 50 minutes into the workout, it changes from moving poses to balance poses.  Phew.

The moving poses aren't all that hard, once you realize you're not going to be doing them for 90+ minutes.  I even did the extra push up from plank to downward dog most of the time!  And it may just be wishful thinking, but the push ups felt better and easier.  I'm actually (slightly) looking forward to the next time now that I know the routine.  One thing that was a little difficult for me was not being able to see Tony;  our flat screen is mounted above the fireplace, so I couldn't see it from certain poses w/out disrupting my balance.

I liked the balance poses; they were challenging, but less so than the moving poses.  Just when I thought it was getting easier, Tony through in some ab work...he has a name for it I don't remember...all I know is it burns!!!  It was a great way to end the workout.

I'm still not a huge fan of the fact it's a 90+ minute workout, but I don't hate it as much as I thought I would 25 minutes into it.  I'm actually kind of looking forward to the next time!

What I'm not looking forward to is Legs & Back a mere 8 hours from now...

Tivoed Gray's Anatomy is calling me...

No comments: